Today’s guest is a deep thinker who has managed to remove himself from academic postmodernism and crafted what he calls Metamodernism as a “next step” for humanity.
Hanzi Freinacht is a political philosopher, historian & sociologist, author of The Listening Society, Nordic Ideology, and the upcoming book The 6 Hidden Patterns of World History.
As a writer, Hanzi combines in-depth knowledge of several sciences and disciplines and offers maps of our time and the human condition with his characteristically accessible, poetic and humorous writing style – challenging the reader’s perspective of herself and the world. He epitomizes much of the metamodern philosophy and can be considered a personification of this strand of thought.
In this interview we talk about:
- Hanzi’s six types of politics
- The need to adopt a more holistic, or integral, or metamodern worldview
- How our subjective experiences are an important part of the metamodern perspective
- The difference between light depth and dark depth: And why light depth is a profoundly playful position and dark depth is profound seriousness. And why both of these are true
We also discuss:
- Why you can “out-depth” your partner and what to do about it.
- The cosmo-erotic relationship to the artist
- The importance of Integrating the part of yourself that’s seeking a specific level of depth from a romantic partner
- Why not all people can become metamodernists
Note: This interview took place in July 2020.
If you are feeling challenged in your role as a leader seeking your role in this new leadership paradigm, my 1:1 mentorship program may be right for you. I invite you to reach out to me to learn more and see if you may be a good fit for this kind of support.
Enjoy the show!
Join my Telegram channel