The last time James and I talked on my podcast was four years ago! In Season 1, Episode 11 we talked about freedom, curiosity, meditation and surprise, surprise…books! 🤓
James is someone that has helped me to get out of a dark time in my life. I’ve been following his writing since I stumbled on his blog back in 2012. This is James and I in Los Angeles in 2017.
James Altucher has started and ran more than 20 companies and is currently an investor in & advisor to over 30, but at one point, James lost everything. In a matter of months, his account drained from $15 million to $143. Depressed and on the floor, James realized that today’s standard view of success comes with conditions and the only way to be truly successful and fulfilled is to “Choose Yourself.” Now, James Altucher is a bestselling author, successful entrepreneur, angel investor, chess master, and host of The James Altucher Show podcast.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How to get out of your own way and prevent the same failures from happening again
- The psychological effects of our improved emotional, spiritual and physical health
- How comedy and writing have transferrable skills
We also discuss:
- An experiment that he did with 50 Shades of Grey called How to Satisfy a Billionaire
- Our shared experience of minimalism/buying/purging and why you should never have a mortgage
- Why the flow state is necessary to be a good writer
- The deprogramming that’s necessary as an entrepreneur
- The benefits of having a traditional publisher vs. self-publishing
Towards the end of this interview, we talk about the brand safety of working with a mainstream publisher – which is something that I’m shooting for right now! My new book is going live on my crowdfunding literary agency site called Publishizer (details coming soon!) If you liked my first book, you will LOVE this next one. It’s called Myth, Meaning and Marketing: How the Emotion of Story Creates Your Reality and it’s available for pre-order next week!
Let’s go to the show!
Be the first to know.
Complete with blog posts, resources, and tools