Welcome to episode 29 of Season 3 of The Art of Humanity. While pitching and sales funnels are sexy topics in the Internet marketing world, I appreciate people who take a different approach. Mitch Joel focuses on longevity.
When Google wants to explain innovation and marketing to the top brands in the world, they bring Mitch Joel to the Googleplex in Mountain View, California. Marketing Magazine dubbed him the “Rock Star of Digital Marketing” and called him, “one of North America’s leading digital visionaries.” Mitch Joel is President of Mirum – a global digital marketing agency operating in 20 countries with over 2500 employees (although he prefers the title, Media Hacker). He has been named one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly prestigious Canada’s Top 40 Under 40.
He is also an author, blogger, podcaster, and passionate speaker who connects with people worldwide by sharing his innovation insights on digital marketing and business transformation. He has been named one of the top 100 online marketers in the world.
Here’s the episode:
- The biggest transformation that’s happening today in marketing and business.
- Why Mitch wakes up on fire trying to figure out what to read/know/do/today.
- Why he doesn’t focus on SEO and instead focuses on longevity – emoting and connecting to his audience
- The dynamic between being a podcast host and being a speaker.
- The state of content marketing today
- Why he chooses not to write the typical marketing headlines and articles
- How businesses can learn from the music industry
- What the intersection of technology, art, marketing means for the state of journalism
- Mitch’s website.
- Mitch’s book: Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
Mitch’s podcast: Six Pixels of Separation
Other people and topics mentioned:
- Michael Port’s Steal the Show
- Seth Godin
- The Cluetrain Manifesto: 10th Anniversary Edition
- Black Mirror